1. Eclipses are dramatic “wild cards” that we don’t see coming. They shake us up so that we can move from one level of maturity to another, very rapidly. They will provide whatever we need to get moving – a competitor, a rival or critic, a benefactor, funding, or some other force – that get us to think, decide, or change.
If we have become complacent or took someone or something for granted, chances are that we won’t after an eclipse is over and has delivered its message. An eclipse will always give you precisely what you need to advance and evolve. They look for weak links in all circumstances and instantly and urgently bring information so that you can decide what you want to do.
2. Eclipses work from the outside in. In that I mean that an outside event that has nothing to do with you, and over which you have no control, will often act in a way that affects your life in a powerful, direct, and lasting way. The outside force can be a small, casual event or comment – it need not be a big – but yet it can have monumental influence on our life anyway.
3. Eclipses bring news of big life events that you long remember. You may sell a house or buy one, or start a new business or close one. You may get a major promotion or a new client, or be given enviable publicity, or be downsized. You may meet someone new to date, or get engaged. Or, on the other hand, an eclipse may “eclipse out” someone from your life, as is the case in a breakup or divorce. Often at eclipse time, we are very aware of the passage of time, and that can make us a bit wistful even when the news is very happy.
You may suddenly be expecting a baby or get news that the adoption you had hoped for is suddenly coming through.
You may come in to a lot of money, or lose an important source of income. You may sign a big business deal or walk away from one. You might have surgery or win a marathon and be on TV. You may acquire a new pet, or sadly suffer the loss of one. Alas, as you see, not all news on eclipses is happy, but eclipses do mark major life events that make us value the good parts of life even more.
Eclipses often change the status of a situation. While an eclipse will always seek out the weak link in a situation to expose it to you, they are just as capable of helping you in a positive way, such as to help you find new love or be asked to interview for a big position. The luck you uncover can be the change in status you will receive.
4. Keep your eye on your health at eclipse time, and doubly so if the eclipse is near your birthday, is in your birth sign, or is six months away from your sign (i.e., opposite). If you need to address a health or dental issue, get advice and help so that you can get back to feeling tip top again soon!
5. You may feel like you are walking across a bridge to a new land at eclipse time. You are – with no ability to go back to the place you started. In that sense, after you start moving toward the new situation (by enforced changes or by your own volition), the bridge will collapse – there will be no way back. While you can’t go back to the good old days, you wouldn’t want to. You are ready for more. The universe wants us to embrace all that is new, not go back to what is tried and true.
6. The ancients always wrote that if you act under an eclipse, especially a full moon eclipse (lunar), the plan would not work out quite the way you expected. It’s better to consider the ideas of others at eclipse time but not to make proposals or announce decisions of your own at that time. Instead, bide your time and act a few weeks later when there will be less cosmic dust in the air and things are more settled. You’ll have more information after an eclipse has spoken too, another reason to wait.
Here is the rule: it is better to listen and react rather than set forth dictums under an eclipse. Try to allow some space of a week or more between the eclipse and the date you act.
Sometimes it is not possible to put things off, so do your best. Never make an empty threat, like “Leave her or I will leave!” If you don’t mean it, don’t say it. The situation could blow up in your face when your partner calls your bluff and says, “OK, then, leave!” Issuing ultimatums under an eclipse rarely work well.
Let’s say you need to decide whether to change your job. It is OK to accept a new job, but might not be wise to quit one at eclipse time. You didn’t initiate that offer to go to a new job – someone else did – which is why you are safer to accept an offer, rather than initiate an action on your own, most likely impulsively.
If you want to have a major talk with your sweetheart over grievances you have been harboring, do so weeks before the date of the eclipse or else table your talk for a few weeks later, when the atmosphere won’t be highly charged. When you act at eclipse time, you may be surprised at the outcome – things could backfire or create an effect that you had not anticipated. Still, admittedly, it may be really hard to put off saying something at a full moon eclipse. Truth tends to surface like a geyser at these times! See how you feel!
7. Eclipses will always play with our sense of time and change it by compressing it and speeding things up. They bring events to bear today, ones that you assumed would happen months or years into the future.
Let’s say a couple decided to marry in two years, and in the meantime save up for a down payment on a house. An eclipse comes by and one of the partners in the couple gets a big promotion and a chance to work in the London office. Suddenly the couple decides to tear up their old blueprints and instead get married immediately so that they can start their life together in London right away. Indeed, timetables often change dramatically under eclipses.
What you’d normally do in three years gets compressed into six months! Time moves so fast, you can almost see the hands on the clock spin around!
8. Eclipses can help you do things you never thought you could do, overcome fears, and show yes, you CAN do it!
9. Try not to issue ultimatums or make big actions under an eclipse as things won’t work out as planned. Bide your time and act in a few weeks when there will be less dust and less electrically charged static in the air. It’s best to respond to others’ messages and demands, but try not to initiate your own. Said another way, it is better to listen and react rather than set forth dictums under an eclipse.
10. If an eclipse falls on your birthday, the year that follows certainly will be quite eventful. One part of your life is surely due for massive change. You may experience a big change in lifestyle or in one specific part of your chart.
11. Let me give you an example. Let’s say a man and wife have been married a long time. The husband has been unhappy but the wife perceives the marriage as happy and stable. This could not be further from the truth – in fact, the husband has been unfaithful.
The husband confronts his wife on an eclipse and asks for a divorce, Of course, the wife is completely shocked and is in tears for weeks. By the next pair of eclipses, discussions begin to take place about the division of property. The sale of the house takes place at the next pair of eclipses. Nearly six months after that, at the next eclipse in the same signs, the divorce papers appear and are signed by both parties. The husband will remarry on the following eclipse and by then the wife will be adjusted to her new life – a life she didn’t ask for, but will be nevertheless comforted by her friends and family and by knowing the truth.
I have vastly oversimplified this case to help you see the step-by-step process that a series of eclipses can set up for you. I do not mean to minimize the sorrow and amount of adjustment that both parties, especially the wife, would have to endure to reinvent their lives.
Things need not be this dramatic or as sad as this for you under an eclipse (let’s hope not!), but you get the idea. If you observe events triggered by eclipses, you will be humbled to see how effective they are in their mission to bring truth to bear and to help us live more productively, ethically, and with integrity.
12. Eclipses are especially effective in revealing someone’s character or true motivations. After you discover what you do, you can better protect yourself. Still, this can be very disconcerting and upsetting. Remember, in this case, the eclipse would be trying to help you.
13. Often a lunar eclipse will remove a person or element in your life that you thought you needed, but really don’t.
This person or situation may end at eclipse time because you have already learned a great deal from that person or situation, or because the situation is outworn, dysfunctional, or in some way no longer capable of being nurturing and supportive to you.
An eclipse will sound the bell to tell you that time has passed and it’s now time to move on. Often we wonder why something had to end the way it did, but it is not for us to ask. Everything has its own lifecycle – even jobs and relationships. Focus on the future, not the past. After you have given yourself time to adjust, be eager to find out what comes next.
14. Keep this rule in mind: The universe will not abide an empty space. Whenever a vacuum is created, the universe rushes to fill it. Have faith that this will happen in your life and all that you “lose” will be replaced. Often the next stage turns out to be far better than the one you just left.
15. Take note of ALL news and signals you get near eclipses. While news is often delivered in a dramatic and obvious way, sometimes the news will come in much more subtly, as a secret or as a piece of gossip. Nevertheless, no matter how news arrives, take it seriously because it could foretell dramatic changes to come.
16. If someone brings news you don’t like and don’t want to hear on an eclipse, realize that it will be impossible to change things back to the way they were before. Take the information seriously. View the news as essentially a non-negotiable dictate. Accept what you are told and move on.
For example, if your beloved says, “It’s over,” accept this news and move on. Of course, it’s good to talk, especially if this person means a lot to you. However, don’t grovel. Save your dignity by not pleading for the relationship to continue. Eclipses make us acknowledge that something has changed, most likely forever.
17. At eclipse time, we realize that we can’t control everything in life. Accepting the finality of a certain relationship or situation can be very painful, but is a part of the life experience. If you should feel very upset or sad, trust in the kindness and wisdom of those around you. Spend time with those you love and who love you. Eclipses help us to evolve and to become more mature, seasoned, reflective, and philosophical.
18. Eclipses shine the bright light of truth to the part of your chart that is touched by the eclipse. Most of the time, eclipses act as brilliant illuminators, revealing a condition or proclivity that has existed that you had ignored, denied, or never noticed before.
19. Eclipses also often act as catalysts to a major life decision. Without the news of the eclipse, we would probably go on as we had, with little or no change in direction.
20. Under an eclipse, you may finally see someone’s true character. This may be a person you know well, or thought you did. Discovering a dark side to a person can be very disillusioning, but fortunately it won’t happen at every eclipse, only rarely.
21. Eclipses also have a way of changing perspective. It will be as though a puzzle piece suddenly fell from the sky, right into your hands. Once you add this piece to your puzzle, the whole complexion of the situation will change. Suddenly a mystery will be resolved, and you will say to yourself, “Now I understand!” Now that you have a full picture of the situation, you will know what you need to do next. You are no longer in the dark. That’s exactly what an eclipse accomplishes.
22. Even if an eclipse won’t affect you, you will nevertheless notice that there is plenty of action around you, not only in your own circle but also in the world at large. The news media will be filled with information.
In your personal life, you will hear of many monumental life events in the lives of people you know, both friends and family. You may be called on to help others at this time, so try to keep an open schedule.
23. You may be feeling more emotional than usual under an eclipse. Since your judgment may be impaired with so much being stirred up at once, before you respond, take time to think about things. If you can, wait a week before deciding on anything. If someone comes to you with an offer you are excited about, consider it carefully and find out what’s involved. If after looking at the offer from all sides you still like it, proceed. In your excitement for the offer, try not to make assumptions about it without checking out all the facts.
24. A quick response to news may be required of you. Have your wits about you! As said earlier, keep your normal schedule light because you might have something new to focus on that will need your immediate attention. If someone is demanding an answer, you will have to give it and go with the flow. The sense of surprise or shock often accompanies an eclipse.
25. Don’t be too quick to judge an eclipse as “good” or “bad” because it can take weeks to understand the real meaning of what is going on. An eclipse always has a second act, so be patient – it may take six months or more to hear more information. As you wait, the picture may keep changing. Chances are, if you lose something under an eclipse, the universe has something better it is cooking up for you. Be patient and keep an open mind.
26. Let’s talk about the area of influence of an eclipse. A message brought to you by an eclipse is usually delivered within four days of the actual date of the eclipse, but not always. Yet you can sometimes feel a full moon lunar eclipse as early as a full month prior to it (plus or minus five days), on the date of the eclipse (plus or minus five days – the most common experience), or one month to the day later, plus or minus five days. It is also possible (but less typical) to feel it up to six months later when another planet comes in to help trigger the news.
27. Eclipses sometimes can make big heavy iron gates swing open, even ones that have never opened for you before. Be optimistic! What do you wish for? If you work hard toward your goals, an eclipse can help make it all happen! Be optimistic!
I hope you have found this helpful! Perhaps you may want to refer to this list as you move through the eclipses of this year.